TO ALL OUR VALUED PATIENTS…..
WE ARE OPEN AND CONTINUE TO TAKE APPOINTMENTS UNDER LEVEL 5 ESSENTIAL SERVICES; HUMAN HEALTH & SOCIAL WORK ACTIVITIES 15. (M) “….HEALTH SERVICES IN THE COMMUNITY” AND/OR 15.(R) “HEALTH & SOCIAL WORK SERVICES”
BE ASSURED THAT ALL SAFETY PROCEDURES CONTINUE TO BE IN PLACE, FOR THE PROTECTION OF ALL OUR PATIENTS AND STAFF.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU.
STAY SAFE AND TAKE CARE,
Philip & Emma Jeffares
COVID-19 PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES:
Because of COVID-19, new practices and procedures have been put into place at Wexford Osteopathic Centre to protect you and our staff.
In order to ensure the Clinic is following the highest infection control measures, all our Osteopaths have completed the HSE “Covid-19 Infection Prevention and Control Guidance Course”. We are also closely following updates from the Health Service Executive (HSE), Health Prevention Surveillance Centre (HSP), World Health Organisation (WHO) and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).
Updated Hygiene Procedures:
. We are using Sterinova, which is a solution used to disinfect all surfaces at the beginning of each day. It is used in all top Irish, UK and USA hospitals and in operating rooms. Its is a true broad-spectrum, highlevel surface disinfectant. It kills bacteria, mycobacteria, fungi, mould, spores, viruses and surface germ dwelling biofilm. It is 100% biodegradable and is one of the only products worldwide that offers continuous disinfection for over 24 hours.
· Hand sanitiser dispensers have been installed at the Clinic, and also several portable dispensers throughout the Clinic for your convenience.
· The treatment room will be disinfected between each Patient (this includes cleaning of the treatment table, plastic wipeable pillow, chair, desk, light switches, door handles and frames, card machine, and any other surfaces that may have been touched either by the Patient or myself.
· Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by myself, and we ask that you arrive wearing a mask.
· The waiting area will not be in use.
· Toys have bee removed from the treatment room.
· There is a paper towel dispenser in the bathroom, and disinfectant spray provided for your convenience.
· Non- essential furniture and objects have been covered or removed from within 1 metre of the Patient chair and treatment table.
Before your appointment:
· You will be asked to fill in a COVID-19 health questionnaire before attending your appointment. If you develop symptoms after completing the questionnaire or on the day of the appointment, you must contact Emma immediately on 087-8213794.
· Please arrive at your appointment time and wait in your car until called.
· The waiting room will not be in use.
· Please come alone to your appointment, unless you specifically need a chaperone or translator, etc.
. In the case of babies/children, we would ask only one Parent to attend the appointment. Also, only bring necessary items into the appointment with you.
When you arrive:
· Please enter wearing a mask. You will be asked to sanitise your hands.
· You will be shown straight into the treatment room.
· You will be asked to fill out and sign a” Consent Form”.
· The bathroom is still accessible, and will be disinfected after each use.
During your treatment:
· The Osteopath’s hands will be washed and sanitised at the beginning and end of each treatment, and between each patient (as usual).
· They will be wearing a mask, visor/glasses and apron.
· They will not be wearing jewellery, or any clothing covering below their elbows, and their nails will be short.
· There will be no fabric covering on the plinth (treatment table).
· Disposable couch roll will be used to cover the treatment table.
· A medical wipeable pillow will be on the table.
After your treatment:
· Card payments are preferred for hygiene reasons, but cash is also acceptable if necessary.
· You will be asked to sanitise your hands again before leaving the Clinic.
· The treatment room and surfaces will be disinfected as outlined above, in preparation for the next Patient.
· Couch roll will be disposed of according to HSE and HPSC guidelines, and reapplied.
· Personal PPE will be disposed of after each Patient, according to HSE and HPSC guidelines.
Wexford Osteopathic Centre will require all Patients to respond to a Covid -19 health questionnaire before each appointment. Please read and answer the questions carefully.
If you are unsure of the answer to any of the questions, or would like to discuss the infection control precautions in place before attending, please call Emma or Marie on 053 9121482.
Thank you for your patience.
Covid-19 Health questionnaire:
1. Have you travelled overseas in the last 14 days?
2. Have you had contact with anyone with confirmed or suspected Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
3. Have you had a fever greater than 38C, a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing in the last 14 days?
4. Do you currently have a fever greater than 38C, a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
5. Have you been advised by your doctor to self isolate or cocoon?
6. Do you understand the risk of transmission of Covid-19 by attending a public place, and agree that Wexford Osteopathic Centre cannot accept responsibility or liability for transmission of Covid-19, should you become infected?
Symptoms of Covid-19:
Common symptoms of coronavirus include:
· A fever (high temperature – 38 degrees celsius or above)
· A cough – this can be any kind of cough, not just dry
· Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties
. sore throat
At Risk Groups:
Certain groups of people may be at risk of serious illness if they catch coronavirus. This risk is similar to other infections such as flu.
The list of at risk groups includes those who:
· Are over 60, people over 70 are particularly vulnerable and should cocoon
· Have a long-term medical condition – for example heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, cancer, cerebrovascular disease, renal disease, liver disease or high blood pressure
· Have a weak immune system (immunosuppressed)
· Have a medical condition that can affect your breathing
· Are residents of nursing homes and other long-stay settings
· Are in specialist disability care and are over 50 years of age or have an underlying health problem.
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. We are doing our very best to protect you and our staff.